Thursday, October 12, 2017

WAYS TO USE COCONUT OIL IN YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE




Over the years, I have been using coconut oil for a lot of my go to beauty routines. I never thought that I would be resorting to one product that would meet a lot of needs in just one jar. It's 100% natural, free from chemicals, it's antibacterial and loaded with vitamins.

1. Hair Mask
It all started when the health of my hair was at it's worse. I was so desperate that I was trying every deep conditioner there was but it just wasn't cutting it. Coconut oil was my last resort and boy did I wish I had used it sooner. If you have been following me for some time you would know that I had went brunette (always being a blonde) and just couldn't get over the fact that every time I looked into the mirror, I never recognized myself. With that being said, I went back to the hair salon and had blonde put back in and that's when my hair went for the worst. My hair was super dry and my hair was breaking like you wouldn't believe. That's when I started to use coconut oil in my hair on a weekly basis for two months and my hair was 70% better than it was when I had first started. Now it's been five years and my hair is back blonde and healthy again. Amen!

{Apply it to dry or damp hair, put your hair in a top knot and go to bed or put your hair in this satin beanie so that the heat from your head will help the oil to penetrate better into your hair follicles. This will also help to keep your pillow case oil free}.

Now that my hair is healthier, I still like to do a hair mask once or twice a week...


2. Make-up Remover
I use coconut oil to remove my eye makeup (specifically mascara) almost every night whenever I am not using a different type of makeup remover. It is extremely gentle on the eyes and the mascara just melts off your lashes. Don't worry if you can't get all the oil off when you are done, rumour has it that coconut oil helps with lash growth.

{Apply a small amount to each eye. With your eyes closed, gently swipe downward and work the oil into the lash line while swiping it out to the tips of your lashes. Cleanse face when finished}

3. Face Mask
Using coconut oil as a face mask is one of my favourite things to do in my beauty routine at least once a week. Coconut oil is more hydrating than most moisturizers on the market and not to mention, it has a natural antibacterial and anti fungal benefits to it which will help with breakouts.

{After cleansing and toning your face, apply a thin layer all over your face, including around the eyes and lips. Leave it and go to bed. If you are not one to go to bed with a mask on your face then leave it on as long as you can before rinsing it off}.

4. Nails/Hands
Another favourite way to use coconut oil is using it on my hands, nails and cuticles. When my hands are at it's driest, especially during the winter months, I treat my hands in coconut oil and put silk gloves on afterwards for better absorption. I wear these gloves to bed or when I am lounging around the house and don't want to transfer the oils onto furniture and clothing.



14 comments:

  1. Coconut oil as a makeup remover is the best! Nothing get eye makeup off easier!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't ever use it on my face but it's so amazing for nails and hair for me! Lovely post :)

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tips! I never thought to use it on my nails and hands <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try using coconut oil!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice and interesting post! Lovely tips! I like coconut oil, it's really so useful! Thanks for sharing these tips. You have amazing blog dear, and I really like it.
    Maybe follow for follow? I'd love it.
    Let me to know on my blog. Hope you will visit me.
    Maleficent

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh interesting post!!
    kisses from the sandpit ☀️☀️
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing, I have seen that many people use it but I have never!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great tips! Ill have to try some of these!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love coconut oil too! So many uses!
    xo, Jennifer
    www.publicistinpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know it can be used as a makeup removal and face mask. Will definitely try the others you suggested, thanks for sharing dear.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great suggestions! I used to use coconut oil on my hair and found it really helpful. For some reason I stopped doing it but I need to get back to it!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love coconut oil! I slather it on in place of a moisturizer after I shower in the drier months!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard so many good things about coconut oil.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an awesome post! lovely tips!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: MES VOYAGES A PARIS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love your comments and read each and every one xo.