Thursday, January 14, 2016

TWO FOUNDATIONS | TARTE FOUNDATION | BAREMINERALS FOUNDATION




When it comes to foundations, we all know it's really hard to find one that matches your skin tone perfectly and that is a keeper in the makeup bag for months and years on end. We all strive to find a foundation that gives you the finish you are looking for, doesn't break you out, scent free, not too drying nor too oily, long lasting, the perfect amount of coverage and having an SPF would be a bonus am I right?

That is why I wanted to do a beauty post for all of you and give you a little review on each of these foundations and why I still love them so much that I won't change my foundation routine.

TARTE Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15
My shade is "Light Sand"

I have been using Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation for over two and a half years now and there is a big reason why. Hence the name "Amazonian Clay" this foundation was designed for all skin types, not just for oily skin. Whether you have dry, oily or combination skin, this foundation adjusts to your skin type which makes it long wearing up to 12 hours. It helps to reduce the appearance of pores, discolouration and gives an overall all smooth full coverage. It is buildable, so if you are not always wanting a full coverage look, you definitely have the option and it is super blendable which gives a natural look.

I tend to wear this foundation a little more during the summer months, depending on what I am doing. I find that because it does have clay in the formulation, it tends to soak up any excess oil that accumulates throughout the day without breaking me out. If I am going to the gym, I will also wear this foundation as well. During the winter months, I do wear this foundation quite a bit because I love the overall finish it gives my skin, especially when my face is a little more red due to the cooler Canadian temperatures, it gives me that extra coverage.

It is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates
- Oil


BAREMINERALS bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation SPF 20 
"Readers Choice Award Winner for Allure Magazine"
My Shade is "Bare Linen"

I have been using bareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation SPF 20 for over a year and a half and has been my go to foundation in my current beauty routine. This foundation has a lighter {thinner} consistency than the Tarte foundation which makes it buildable if needed. It gives a beautiful "glowy" natural finish to the skin which makes it look like you are not even wearing any foundation {it is seriously a-m-a-z-i-n-g and I am not over exaggerating here}, it's legit. It gives the skin a brighter overall finish without having to add any extra highlight with a cream or powder highlighting product.

There really isn't a specific season that I like to wear this foundation the most, as it works amazing all year round. It is formulated for all skin types but if your skin is a little dryer, I would definitely recommend this foundation. It adds moisture to the skin and gives a dewy overall look which is great for dry skin. I love to wear this foundation in the winter due to the fact that my skin is on the dryer side and gives me the right amount of moisture along with my daily moisturizer. When it comes to spring and summer, I always tend to grab for the bareMinerals as it is a lighter consistency and especially when I want a lighter natural coverage.

It is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Oil
- Silicone
- Fragrance


Thank you so much for stopping by, xo!!

Shop The Post...

7 comments:

  1. I love my Tarte cosmetics but I haven't tried their foundation! Same goes for Bare Minerals- I've used their products since high school and always seem to come back to them. I know you said that it is a lighter consistency- does it still provide full coverage?

    Mary Kate
    www.mynewchicagolife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BareMinerals is definitely a lighter consistency and its very buildable. You can achieve a full coverage look for sure!!

      Delete
  2. I haven't used them before but I should definitly give them a try!

    http://misspippisstyle.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the Tarte foundation once...made me break out :( how do you like the BareMinerals?
    http://thejoifullife.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's too bad. I absolutely love the BareMinerals foundation, it is probably my favourite out of the two. It is a lighter consistency and its buildable. You can definitely have a sheer or full coverage with this foundation. The overal finish to the skin is beautiful and it has a nice natural glow finish..

      Delete
  4. This is a really great review, I havent tried either of these. I love your points on the BareMinerals Foundation I think Ill give that one a go! Thanks for sharing, always enjoy your blog!

    XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried these before, will have to check them out... thanks for showing them to me.

    Filipa xxx
    PlayingWithApparel.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love your comments and read each and every one xo.