Wednesday, September 25, 2013

THE ICE FACIAL


  
This past summer, I read a cool beauty tip that I wanted to share with all of you. It's called the "Ice Cube Facial Massage," yes you read that right and I was immediately drawn to this article when I first seen it. I have been giving myself an Ice Facial twice a week since July and I am actually in love with this quick and beneficial facial. It's so refreshing and my face feels amazing once I am finished. I like to to treat myself a few times a year to a spa facial but I also like to do at home facials as well to save some money. It's very important to give yourself a mini-facial on a regular basis.

How it works:
The Ice Cube Facial doesn't sound as relaxing as a regular facial but running an ice cube over your face has a lot of benefits for your skin, especially your face. Instead of giving yourself a moisturized and dewy facial {which I LOVE and do all the time and is extremely important} will actually smooth out your complexion by combatting fat cells, helps reduce wrinkles, fights breakouts, and the most important is promoting blood circulation in your face.

How to do it:
Simply massage the ice cube over a clean/ makeup free face for about a minute or two before bed two to three times a week. Make sure to wrap the ice cubes in a paper towel or a ziblock bag. This is very important as this will prevent delicate blood vessels to break if ice cubes are placed directly onto the skin. Once finished, apply your toner to your face and apply your moisturizer and eye cream and voila!

Tip that I love to do:
 I like to add a little bit of lemon juice or camomile to the water before freezing, it's even more refreshing and also smells amazing!

I tend to do an ice facial about twice a week and I also like to give myself a regular facial once a week, by simply exfoliating, applying a mask followed by a serum and moisturizer. Moisturizer is crucial and should always be incorporated into our beauty routine. Be sure to find a good moisturizer that is tailored to your skin type, if you are using something that isn't working for you, then switch it up and try something new.

Will you be trying the Ice Facial?
Have a great day and thank you so much for reading, xo!!

22 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the ice facial before but I'm definitely going to try it (because it's the cheapest facial ever! haha). Thanks for sharing.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of doing this–sounds cold, but interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did ice facials all summer! I also hear it's even better if you freeze green tea in an ice cube tray and massage it on your face :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I have never even heard of this! I am seriously doing this tonight ;)

    Happy Humpday!!!!
    XO Barbie
    The Parlor Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this reduces wrinkles and helps with acne??? I am so on it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it helps with acne, then I'm in! I'll have to try it this week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard amazing things about the Ice Facial. Need to try it soon! Thanks for sharing!

    Simply Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh how interesting! I will be giving myself an ice facial this weekend for sure!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is really interesting. You learn something new everyday.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this, I will be trying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I could stand the cold haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not heard of this but I will have to give it a try! It sounds great!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! I definitely need to try this! Esp. with the lemon!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tip, you have beautiful skin. I will definitely be trying this :)

    XO Melissa
    I <3 Sale Rack

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK this was AMAZING!!! My skin felt so rejuvenated. My skin looked as if I had a peel and the the texture was more taught which felt great!!!!
    Thanks for sharing this I will definitely be doing this often!!!

    XO Barbie
    The Parlor Girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW girl I have never heard of that..how cool! I would definitely love to give it a try :)

    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! I've heard also that it's good to apply an ice cube on the face before the makeup, because it closes the pores!

    Please, check out my blog
    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com

    Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds cool (no pun intended lol!) I'll have to give it a try!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    http://petiteinpearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing great info!
    Love your blog<3
    http://aimerose.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never heard of this but it sounds like it's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love your comments and read each and every one xo.