Wednesday, August 8, 2018

MY GO TO MAKEUP BRUSHES

Good Morning babes!

Since I have been creating more IGTV videos on Instagram, (you can follow me here) I have been getting a lot of questions on what makeup brushes I use and which brands I would recommend. 

I thought it would be a great idea to write a blog post about it and share what brand of brushes I use and how I use each one. Although, when purchasing a brush for a specific job (for example, blush brush to apply blush) there is no rule that you "have" to use that brush for blush. If you can be creative and think outside of the box, you can use a "blush" brush for many different makeup applications. You can definitely save a lot of money if you buy brushes that you know you can use for other applications.


I love this brush kit from Sephora. The quality of the brushes are amazing and I haven't experienced any shedding with these either which is a major plus. I use this kit on a daily basis.

From Left to Right:

- The first one is for applying bronzer
- The second one is for applying highlight (MY FAVE)
- The third one is for contouring
- The fourth one is for applying blush

Sigma Beauty Brushes

Sigma Beauty was one of the first brands of brushes I had ever bought when I started thinking about makeup brushes. I had watched several YouTube videos with beauty guru's using this brand and raving about the quality of the brushes. They definitely were right. The quality is outstanding for the price and I have had the same brushes for seven years. 

From Left to Right:

- The first brush is for applying powder/cream eyeshadow

- The second one is for applying colour in the crease of the eye. It's also great for blending out harsh edges. 

- The third one is for applying bronzer. I typically use this brush the most for bronzer and have shown how I used it in my IGTV video's on Instagram

Miscellaneous Brushes

I use these brushes and Beautyblender for different reasons and that is why I put them all under "miscellaneous." 

Top to Bottom:

I use the bigger brush side for applying foundation (I use it when I haven't cleaned my Beautyblender in a while) and the smaller end I use to apply concealer or I will use it to add a setting powder under the eyes.

I do use this to apply blush but because the brush is so big, I also love to use it to add powder all over the face or for an all around bronze with my bronzer powder.

I like to use this brush for applying a powder eyeliner on the top and bottom lash line and I like to use it to define the outer corner when creating a smokey eye and bringing that colour into the crease as well.

Not only is the Beautyblender great for applying foundation and under eye concealer but it's also great for applying cream bronzers, blushes and highlighters as well as powdering and setting the under eyes, T-Zone, chin area and much more.

I also got a question on Instagram on which cleaner I use to clean my Beautyblender. I use the Liquid Blendercleanser and found it works the best. I did used to use baby shampoo before I purchased the actual cleanser but I found it wasn't cleaning it properly and it still had makeup left on the sponge. 




1 comment:

  1. Sigma brushes are just so expensive, but maybe this is a sign I should try them out. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    Camille Co | Beauty, Lifestyle & Travel Blog
    http://misscam.co

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love your comments and read each and every one xo.