Thursday, March 15, 2018

MY MICRODERMABRASION EXPERIENCE


Hey babes,

If you follow me on Instagram you would know that I was going for a Microdermabrasion on Tuesday. I couldn't decided whether I wanted to get that or a chemical peel. I have had a Microdermabrasion done before but it had been years ago and I couldn't remember if I liked it or not. A lot of you DM'd me and said to go with the Microdermabrasion and so I did.

I thought I would write this post and let you know what my experience was, if I enjoyed it and if I would get it done again.

For those that don't know what a Microdermabrasion treatment is, it's a treatment that the esthetician uses to remove the surface layer of dead skin. They use a wand that sprays tiny crystals onto the skin to loosen and remove the dead skin cells and then the wand sucks the crystals back up into the wand along with your dead skin. Let me just say, you know the feeling of a cat licking your hand? Well, it's like that but more of a rough feeling. I personally enjoy the treatment and don't find it hurts at all but if you are someone that is sensitive, then you may find it to be a little uncomfortable.

This treatment is a good way to remove not only dead skin cells, but whiteheads, blackheads and it helps with rebuilding collagen and helping with age spots/sun damage and even fine lines and wrinkles.

The full process and what to expect in the proper order:
-The appointment is typically an hour
- He/She will cleanse your skin so it's fresh and clean
-Tone your skin
-Then they will start the Microdermabrasion process
-They will then wipe away any "sand crystals" that are left on your face. (Warning: it will get into your hair, your ears and pretty much everywhere. Do this appointment when you have nothing to do for the rest of the day)
- He/She will then apply a hydrating mask onto your skin and neck and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Once the mask is wiped off with a damp hot towel they will then apply a hydrating face cream
- Now your face look amazing and so smooth

Post Treatment:
Now that your face is smooth and bright you will want to do the following for a couple of days
- Wear suncreen. You should be wearing this daily anyways but especially after this treatment as your face may be a little more sensitive to the sun.
-Keep your face hydrated
- Don't be exfoliating your face for at least a week
- Don't be using any Retnoids, Retinols, Retin A or Acids for at least a week
- Use a gentle cleanser and toner for a couple of days to make sure your skin is not irritated

The 3 Products that are keeping my face hydrated this week:

Rose Witch Hazel Toner and The Ordinary Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil are very hydrating products that keep our skin hydrated and fresh. I had put aside my regular skincare routine and started using these two products hand in hand since Tuesday's appointment and my face hasn't been this hydrated and bright for a long time.

These two products are completely organic and pure and even on day's you need more hydration or your face just needs a boost, definitely use these two products to get the results you need.


I use this moisturizer already on a daily basis but it is especially coming in handy this week. Alone, this Drunk Elephant moisturizer is super hydrating and is jam packed with peptides. Now that my face is free from dead skin and all the other garbage that was is in my pores, this moisturizer is absorbing so quickly into my skin which is an amazing sign.

It is so important to get a good facial or Microdermabrasion once in a while to remove all the impurities on your skin. By doing this, your skincare products can penetrate better and deeper into your skin so that they actually work and do something for your skin.

I would definitely get a Microdermabrasion again. I have seen great results already and it's only been a few days. I had a little redness on my forehead but that went away later in the night. My products are absorbing better, the clarity and brightness of my skin looks amazing and my makeup is going on better as well which is an added bonus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love your comments and read each and every one xo.